Comment on page
Alternative Cypress Binaries
Using alternative Cypress Binaries
We are suspending our support of Cypress test runner version 13+
We will continue to support prior versions of Cypress.
We apologize for the interruption of your workflows and possible downtime caused by the sudden blocking on November 7. We received no communication from Cypress.io team about the intent to release the breaking change.
We will continue supporting prior versions of the MIT-licensed Cypress test runner using independent, block-free versions of binaries.
As a background - Cypress installation has 2 components:
- Electron application (binary) - an OS/platform-specific binary code, it is usually pre-installed and cached on docker images or is being downloaded by the npm package.
We are hosting independent versions of the electron app and docker images with pre-installed binaries that you can use without the risk of being blocked. The supported versions:
Missing specific version, OS or architecture? Not sure what version to use? Let us know!
Use a one-liner to install alternative cypress binaries:
CYPRESS_DOWNLOAD_MIRROR=https://cy-cdn.currents.dev npx cypress install --force
Alternatively, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
cypressversion to one of the supported versions in
- For example:
- Update your package manager lock file
- Clean the existing Cypress binary
npx cypress cache clear
- Define download mirror by configuring environment variable:
- Windows cmd:
- Window PowerShell:
$env:CYPRESS_DOWNLOAD_MIRROR = "https://cy-cdn.currents.dev"
- Reinstall Cypress App binary from the alternative mirror:
npx cypress install
- Run your workflows as usual
docker pull currentsdev/cypress-included:<version>
Please contact our support channels for additional information and assistance.