Comment on page
SSO SAML2.0 Instructions for Currents
Currents supports SSO integration via SAML 2.0. When enabled, authentication will be deferred to your Identity Provider (IdP).
Please note SSO integration is only available for customers with an active subscription.
The configuration entries you will need to define on your IdP
- Call-back URL / ACS URL:
- Audience / Entity ID:
NameIDformat (nameIdentifierFormat) should be
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistentwith a limitation of up to 128 characters
- Attribute Mappings
Once you configure your IdP, please contact the support via in-app chat or email, and provide the following details:
- IdP Metadata or publicly available metadata document endpoint URL
- Domains list that your organization members will use to access the dashboard (for example email@example.com)
Please note that there are certain limitations to Currents SSO integration:
- Custom Roles for team members are not supported at the moment - the roles need to be manually configured for each user via the dashboard. New accounts will be created with "member" role.
- User Deletion - Currents won't be notified if user access is revoked in IdP. You can delete the users on the team page.
- Enabling SSO will mandate the auth method for all the team members.
- IdP-initiated auth requests are not supported, due to lack of support from AWS Cognito 😤. You can use a custom, dedicated link to start an authentication flow. You can get the link in Manage Team section at https://app.currents.dev after the SSO is enabled.
Using a dedicated link to initiate an authentication with your IdP skipping the Currents dashboard login page